AOL is the most widely used platform for email services that allows emails to be transferred very easily and securely. But at one stage or another, when using AOL with MS Outlook, users report that they are running into difficulties. This is the only case that needs proper handling and troubleshooting as well. So, here’s a detailed guide that will help you get rid of issues like “AOL email not working”.
Read and help yourself with advanced technical knowledge in the full article.
Why Sync or Add AOL Mail with MS Outlook?
Some people need to know why we should have to add AOL to the account of MS Outlook, so let’s understand the effects of linking AOL Mail to MS Outlook:
- AOL mail with MS Outlook makes it much more stable and safe for the stored data in it.
- It is easy to simply save and hold AOL data. In other words, if it’s saved on the MS Outlook server, you can access your AOL information.
Therefore, most users try to allocate AOL to MS Outlook. But at some point or another, when using a synced version of AOL and Outlook, users encounter technical problems.
What are the Reasons for AOL not working in Outlook?
Here are the reasons why AOL emails stop working in MS Outlook. It will be very simple for you to find the best suitable solution to your problem if you easily understand the reason:
- The incoming server details are not incorrectly entered.
- AOL has not been synchronized in the right way.
- The password for AOL email users has been changed.
- Improper connections to the internet can also create a problem.
- The server for AOL or Outlook is out of service.
- A browser that is incompatible can also stop the working of the AOL account on MS Outlook .
- Your device’s defective hardware and software may also serve as a reason for AOL not working properly with MS Outlook.
Let’s get into the methods of troubleshooting that can help you get rid of the problems you are facing, as you are now familiar with the reasons.
Related Blog- How To Fix Problems Receiving Mail In AOL Desktop Gold?
Try These General Troubleshooting Tips
We will discuss many detailed approaches on this blog later, but first, we would like to introduce very basic but successful troubleshooting tips that won’t cost you a lot of time and effort.
- Check if the correct login credentials are entered when configuring
- To execute the setup, make sure the internet connection is secure enough.
- Check the size and space available in Outlook before to setup.
- Check the outrage of both AOL and Outlook servers.
- Delete the browser’s cache and cookies.
How to Fix “AOL Email Stopped Working in Outlook”
Method 1: Password Upgrade
If the password for your AOL email password has been changed on the internet or browser, you need to make sure that it is updated on an email client such as Outlook.
- Open Outlook and go to Account Settings
- Select your AOL email address and update your browser right now.
Method 2: Search Incoming Details for Servers
Incorrect Incoming Server information are the only reason for the non-functional AOL email. So, checking the IMAP and POP settings is recommended.
You need to enter the correct collection of information here:
1. Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
- Server – export.imap.aol.com
- Port – 993
- Requires SSL – Yes
2. Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
- Server – smtp.aol.com
- Port – 465
- Requires SSL – Yes
- requires authentication – Yes
3. Your login info
- Email address – Your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password – Your account’s password
- Requires authentication – Yes
Related Article- How To Download And Install AOL Desktop Gold?
Method 3: Update Email Application
The older version of MS Outlook will make it difficult for you to use emails like AOL from third parties. This is because the old version will not work with the new AOL email security settings. So, for better and error-free working, you should try to upgrade the Outlook email client version.
Important Note: You will need to re-add an AOL email account after upgrading the MS Outlook update. Below is the way to connect your AOL email to Outlook again.
Method 4: Use Tools from Third Parties
There are many paid and free tools from third parties, such as SysTools and Kernel, that allow you to fix your “AOL not working with MS Outlook” issue.
Contact AOL Email Support Number +1-888-857-5157 to Fix AOL Mail Related issues.
Now we will tell you in which condition and how you can contact the AOL Customer Support team. We are providing 24/7 support for you, and Our experts are ready to help you in any manner, so if you are currently facing any problem, contact us immediately. We are famous because of our experienced and friendly professional. Our team members will understand your problem and try to solve it in such a way that you will not face it in the future.