Troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding or Freezes Call +1-888-857-5157
Did your AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding or Freezes while you’re using it? If so, it can be because of compatibility issues or malicious program on your system. There may be many other explanations that could be responsible for this error happening. However by following the steps mentioned in this blog, you can easily fix this issue on your own. You need to download and install AOL Desktop Gold on your device but remember to test your installed version of the app.
How to Resolve AOL Gold Freezes or Not Responding Error?
If your desktop software doesn’t respond properly or is freezing, your work can get hampered. Follow the steps below for troubleshooting to resolve AOL Desktop Gold freezing issue:
Download & Install the Compatible AOL Desktop Gold
- If your desktop software is already out of date, you can visit AOL’s official website.
- Then download AOL Desktop Gold setup file and save it to your device.
- To open Properties, right-click the Setup tab.
- Now turn on the ‘Compatibility mode’ to see if whether your system is compatible with the software.
- Choose the OS version you are using, and then click the desktop software to install.
Run AOL Desktop Gold as an Admin
- If you’re AOL Desktop doesn’t respond then close the program first?
- Click the AOL Desktop icon right now to ‘Run as Admin.’
Check the Computer configuration, and then run the Troubleshooter
If your system is incompatible with AOL Desktop Gold, then the computer configuration needs to be checked. You need to see some applications that don’t conflict with desktop software.
Update AOL Desktop Gold
- You have to go to the Start menu and then check for an upgrade to windows.
- Now, Select the Update windows > important updates > Automatically install update.
- Tick AOL Desktop’s important box for the updates it recommends.
- Save the changes until the software is updated.
Related Blog- How to Download, Install AOL Desktop Gold Windows?
Troubleshoot the Corrupt Desktop Software
- Click Start Menu > Panel Control > Programs and features > Uninstall a program.
- You must select AOL Desktop Gold and then press the Uninstall button.
- When you have completed the Uninstall process, you can restart your computer.
- Now you need to download and update the software again on your device.
When all the steps do not help you fix the error, and then reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on your computer by removing the old version first. You may also take the specialists’ help because they are highly skilled in solving a problem.