AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) fails or crashes while it is running, leading in Runtime Error 12057. It doesn’t actually mean that the code was corrupt in any way; instead, it simply means that it didn’t function during its execution. Until handled and corrected, this type of error will appear as an irritating warning on your computer. Here are the signs, causes, and solutions to the problem.
Symptoms of AOL Error 12057 Code – Aol Error 12057
Errors in the runtime occur without warning. When using AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), the error message will appear on the screen at any time. In fact, if the error message or another dialogue box is not answered early on, it will occur again and again.
It’s possible that files will be deleted or that new files will appear. Though this symptom is mostly caused by virus infection, it can also be related to runtime error because virus infection is one of the causes of runtime error. A small drop in internet connection speed can also happen, though this is not always the case.
Causes of AOL Error 12057 – Error 12057
During the development of software, programmers code to compensate for the probability of errors. However, no design is perfect, and even the best software design is required to make additional. If a particular error is not found and resolved during design and testing, glitches may occur during runtime.
Method 1 – Close Conflicting Programs
- When you receive a runtime error, note that it is caused by programmes that are compatible with each other.
- Trying to stop these conflicting programmes is the first step toward resolving the problem.
- By pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time, Taskbar Icon will open. This will display a list of currently running programmes.
- Go to the Processes tab and, one by one, interrupt the programmes by choosing them and clicking the End Process button.
- You’ll need to keep an eye on whether the error message appears again after you interrupt an operation.
- You can proceed to the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application, once you’ve found which programme is causing the error.
Method 2 – Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programs
How to Use the Control Panel
- To uninstall a programme in Windows 7, go to the Start button, then Control Panel, then Uninstall a programme.
- For Windows 8, go to Start > More Settings > Control panel > Uninstall a programme, then press Control panel > Uninstall a programme.
- Simply type Control Panel into the search box in Windows 10 and select the result, then click Uninstall a programme.
- Click Update or Uninstall on the problem software once you’ve entered Programs and Features.
- If you chose to upgrade, simply follow the prompts to complete the process; if you chose to uninstall, simply
- Follow the prompts to uninstall and then re-download or reinstall the software using the application’s installation disc.
Method 3: Update your anti-virus software or download and instal the most recent Windows Update.
Virus infections that cause runtime errors on your device must be avoided, quarantined, or removed as soon as possible. Make sure your virus software is up to date and that you run a thorough scan of your computer, or run Windows update to get the most up to date antivirus software and updates.
Method 4 : Reinstall the Runtime Modules
- The error may be caused by an upgrade, such as the MS Visual C++ program, which may not have been installed properly or completely. Then you can uninstall the current program and replace it with a new one.
- Go to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Program, and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer after clicking Uninstall at the top of the list.
- Microsoft’s most recent redistributable program can be downloaded and installed.
Method 5: Disk Cleanup
- You might also be experiencing a runtime error like a due to the lack of available storage space on your computer.
- It’s a good idea to back up your files and clear some space on your hard drive.
- You can also use Disk Cleanup, then right-click your main directory in Explorer (this is usually C: )
- Then select Disk Cleanup from the drop-down menu under Properties.
Method 6: Reinstall Your Graphics Driver
- If the problem is caused by a bad graphics driver, try the following:
- Locate the graphics driver in your Device Manager.
- Uninstall the video card driver by right-clicking it, then restarting your computer.
Method 7 – Runtime Error in Internet Explorer
If the error is caused by Internet Explorer, you can fix it by doing the following:
- Restart your internet browser.
- If you’re using Windows 7, go to Start, Control Panel, and then Internet Options on the left side.
- Then go to the Advanced tab and press the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, type Internet Options into the search box, then select the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Script debugging and error notifications are disabled.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the same Internet Options window and check for Disable script debugging.
- Mark the radio button with a checkmark.
- Uncheck the “Show a Notification about any Script Error” option at the same time.
Dial AOL Customer Support Number +1-888-857-5157 for Instant Help
Are you still not satisfied by the methods listed above? Do you have no idea where to call for help? Simply make a call and dial AOL Support Phone Number, as it is one of the most effective ways to solve your AOL-related issues quickly. You can also send us an email at our official email address. You can also have a live chat with our executive as an add-on.