AOL error code 475 shows when the software detects any suspicious activity in your mail account. It usually indicates that you are sending emails to AOL users who are considered spam. One can only receive emails in their AOL account due to this error, but not send them. By following the troubleshooting procedures given below, you can quickly resolve the specific error. Users can also contact AOL customer support for a certified solution by ringing the AOL customer support number.
AOL Error Code 475: Causes and Solutions
The AOL error code 475 may occur for a variety of reasons. Not all of the reactions must be to blame for the problems. Please take a look at a few of them to see if any of those apply to your situation.
- Sending a large number of emails from an AOL account in a short amount of time
- Sending the same messages again and again and again, or if any email contains duplicate data.
- The AOL emails are sent to your Outbox or Draft folder rather than the recipient’s mailbox.
How to Resolve AOL Error Code 475 | Steps
The methods mentioned below can also be used to manually troubleshoot the problem.
Method 1: Trying to Clear the Outbox Folder of AOL Emails
It is possible that AOL emails are not sent to the recipient’s email address instead and end up in the outbox folder. If anything happens, you can easily resolve the error in minutes and avoid any further problems. You can follow the steps described below to learn how it’s done.
- Log in to your AOL email account using your AOL username and password.
- Double-click on the word “Outbox.”
- After that, choose the emails you want to delete.
- When you click Okay, all of the emails in the folder will be deleted.
Method 2: Reset the Password for your AOL Email Account.
If you are going to a foreign country, it is possible that the server will fail to deliver emails and, as a result, the software will not be updated. It usually occurs when the server is unable to detect a change in the user’s location and defines email sending as an unusual behavior. You can change your AOL mail password to avoid this situation.
- Sign in to your AOL account and then select ‘Account Info.’
- After that, go to ‘Account Security’ and then ‘Change Password.’
- You must now type the existing password followed by a new password.
- To double-check your new password, type it in again.
- Click Okay to save your changes.
Do you need Assistance? Call +1-888-857-5157 Toll-Free
If you find that the problem is not being resolved and you are experiencing major issues, it is recommended that you talk with the experts at AOL Contact Number by contacting the toll-free number.