If you’ve found that your AOL account is not working on your laptop or on the system, then you’re lucky to end up here. We’ve updated all the possible points here to solve the problem and so that you can apply them to your AOL application. Even if your phone or device does not have the AOL application installed, you can use these basic points to solve it by yourself because AOL Mail does not work.
Follow Steps to Fix AOL Mail Not working issues
- In the initial step, you must first open the AOL app on the computer you are using.
- Next step, you now need to log into the website’s original account and then switch to the Incoming and Outgoing Server Settings portion, and concurrent users should allow these steps below to move forward in the process.
The another steps, the user must select the IMAP account settings and then proceed with the steps as follows or as required:
- First, to start the procedure, you must select the IMAP server from imap.AOL.com
- The port number must now be changed to 143 by the user.
- In the next step, the user must now use the None Security type.
Following the above, the user must now change the SMTP account settings of the Aol mail account by clicking on ‘Next’ to make the following changes.
- Switch to SMTP Server first.
- In the next step, the user has to change the port number of smtp.AOL.com to 5877.
- Save the changes for the last step now.
If possible, you can take care by calling them on their AOL Customer Support number to receive immediate feedback or response, consider and adhere to the above potential points of AOL email not working.
Related Blog- How to Fix AOL Error Code 11 Account Cancelled?
AOL Mail Not Working on Mac
AOL is one of the providers of hassle-free email services that deliver topic relates with a simple user interface. However, because of some additional factors, its sometimes offers flawless service; users get stuck in some situations. And using AOL Mail has become difficult for them.
In fact, you can fix it immediately if such a situation is with you and AOL mail not working on Mac by following the instructions below.
What things can you do to immediately Resolve AOL Mail issues?
The steps given will help you get rid of any sort of AOL problem and allow you to access the benefits of your AOL account without any stress. So, go through it and, as mentioned, follow the steps:
Clear Cookies and Cache
- You can do it now if you haven’t cleared your browser’s cache and cookies!
- It can cause some issues with your AOL mail account if you don’t clear the cache for a long period of time.
- You can open a tab and go to the setup of the browser.
- You need to select the option of cache and cookies and clear the data stored in your browser.
- Also, by choosing the time, you can delete the cache from the start.
Update the Web Browser
The outdated browser will make it difficult for you to access AOL Mail, by updating them, you can try the steps to fix AOL mail not working to Mac error on different browsers, follow the steps required:
Microsoft Edge- All you need to do is press the Windows key and search check for update. Install an upgrade on finding another.
Google Chrome- Click the ‘three vertical dots’ icon, i.e. Menu, and choose the option for Support. When you find an update, select About, install it and restart the browser once the update is installed.
Mozilla Firefox – Similarly, you can open ‘Menu’ and go to the drop-down menu in the Support section. Next, click Firefox, and then click Update.
Safari- You can open the Apple Menu when you use the built-in browser and then go to the AppStore. Click Updates, and if there is an update available, click it to download and install it.
Remove the Malware
In order to find any possible threat, if you have installed any protection program or antivirus software, you can run a complete scan on your Mac. In this way, it can be deleted if some malicious file is there, and AOL mail that does not react to the Mac issue will be fixed.
- Remove Browser Extensions.
- Start by opening the Safari Browser.
- You should open Preferences for Safari then.
- Next, you can turn to Safari Extensions.
- Choose the web extensions you would like to disable after that.
- And then, under the definition, click Uninstall.
Why AOL Email Not Working on desktop?
AOL Mail is the email service offered by AOL that is supported on the internet. AOL has now become a subsidiary version of communications for Verizon. But nowadays, when using AOL mail, users face problems. There are also concerns that users are unable to log in, and some complaints are that the frozen loading screen can only be used by users.
You do not need to panic, however, as there are quite a few troubleshooting techniques to fix AOL mail does not work on the desktop, Mac or iPad issue.
Get AOL Mail Support by Calling Toll-free Number- +1-888-857-5157
You will likely never see any kind of problems by using your AOL Mail account until you check out the above instructions. There are enough times when things go south and the problem can still not be resolved and AOL mail not working on Mac computer. In such situations, you can no longer delay it and contact the AOL customer service immediately. The technical support team is available around the clock and offers assistance with a single phone call. So, dial the phone number of the helpline and fix all problems without any delay.